Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Today's Blessings...


Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?

Yesterday I did not read my scriptures and it was not a happy day. Today I started my day out by reading them and felt a sense of well being within my core that supported me throughout my day. I also noticed that there was more harmony within our family today.

Tonight my oldest daughter's Young Women president expressed to me how impressed she was with my daughter on a recent assignment that she had been given. She said my daughter had been very well prepared and had studied very hard for a particular activity. I was able to tell my daughter that she had been complimented and was able to see her sense of self-worth raise a notch.

I’ve been blessed with a wonderful mother-in-law who gives unselfishly of her time and means to do what she can to help us. Our car needed to be taken in for repair a few days ago, and she cancelled an appointment so that she could follow me over to the shop and then let me use her car for the day. That was last week. She did the same thing today.

Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done...

4 comments:

Dedee said...

I like your idea here. Keep it going. Maybe I'll join you as I seriously need some gratitude in my life right now.

mindyluwho said...

Thanks Dedee. I've noticed that just looking for blessings the last couple of days has changed my attitude.

Rebecca said...

I think I'll do that too. I thought of you as I was making dinner, as I read your last 2 posts and was waiting to comment until later. I was thankful that the hastily made bread I had made a couple of days ago was so crumbly and dry. It was the perfect consistency I needed for breadcrumbs. :)

Glad to see you back.

mindyluwho said...

It's like a ripple in the pond!

Speaking of bread, have you made Calamity Jane's bread yet? Everytime I make it I think of my mom. She was famous for her bread. Unfortunately when she died she took the recipe with her! Calamity Jane's comes the closest to any recipe I've found, and it makes the BEST french toast!